Ohio State is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and ensuring equal access to digital information and digital services for the university community. To support these efforts and in alignment with the Digital Accessibility Policy, the university established training, system implementation and upgrade, legacy assessment, request and complaint management assistance as well as reporting goals were established to foster a digitally accessible Ohio State. Additional information is available on the Digital Accessibility Services webpage.
Training / Resources
All digital content, products and services need to be accessible to those with visual, auditory, motor or cognitive impairments. Additional resources and training are available online. Microsoft tip sheets as well as accessible Word and PowerPoint templates are available.
Concerns and Complaints
Submit digital accessibility concerns regarding websites or applications managed by departments within the Office of Administration and Planning. All feedback or concerns must be reported within 24 hours.
For questions or comments about digital information and digital services within the Office of Administration and Planning and its departments, please contact the following representatives:
Digital Accessibility Coordinators
Digital Accessibility Department Liaisons
- Office of Administration and Planning - Nicole Holman - firstname.lastname@example.org, Joe Porostosky - email@example.com
- Department of Public Safety - Matt Wolfzorn - firstname.lastname@example.org
- UniPrint - Jeff Baggs - email@example.com
- Facilities Information and Technology Services, Joe Porostosky - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facilities Operations and Development, Coco Kneisly - email@example.com
- Planning, Architecture and Real Estate, Joe Porostosky - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transportation and Traffic Management, Tom Holman - email@example.com
- WOSU, Nick Houser - firstname.lastname@example.org